Brilliant is...

a bit about me, my girls, and what i think about everything else

Thursday, April 13, 2006

project's end

I rolled right on out of BellSouth yesterday... last day on site for the project. I have definitely been dealing with fatigue from this one gig. I've been in Atlanta for almost a year, and the environment has eroded somewhat, but it was time to broaden the resume and find, um, greener pastures? maybe less yellower pastures.

Here's the funny part (and this is unofficial, so you didn't hear it from me, which probably means I shouldn't be posting it, but here it goes anyway):
I left today to be in Philly for the 1st night of Passover, so instead of leaving Thursday as normal, I left Wednesday, had the good-bye lunch with the BTG team and some Siebel friends. Headed to the airport and landed in Philly a few hours later. On the runway, I turn on my phone and low and behold, one SMS message filters through from Seth, with the words "Project is cancelled".
I was only in the air for a couple hours. Normally, I never leave the party on time; somebody normally has to tell me it's late and go home. Official word comes down tomorrow.
Another 10 months go bye-bye.

2 Comments:

  • At 4/19/2006 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Stephen - just wondering about interest in Australia. Telstra (a like telco to Bell South) hs a large transformation billing project underway with Siebel & kenan.
    Email me at:
    sm at xiboss dot com

     
  • At 4/22/2006 11:31 PM, Blogger High Power Rocketry said…

    : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home